Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Momentary Sense of Awesome

So my buddy of like a billion years, Eric Rizk sent me copy of his bands' debut EP. I've been in bands with Eric over the years, so I know the dude can play and write. However, I had no idea that he was still this pissed off and above all, this technically proficient. Flourishing is the band and A Momentary Sense of the Immediate World is the record. It's killer.

I hear a bit of Napalm Death, a bit of Rotten Sound, a hint of Disembodied and early Cave In and a hint of Depeche Mode. Yep. It's unique and powerful and pulls you in with repeated listens. Vocalist/guiratist Garrett Bussanick (a good dude as well) is unbelievably powerful as the frontman and his guitar work is phenomenal, as is Rizk on bass. Drummer Brian Corcoran is a machine. Like 8 arms on that motherfucker. "Watching Sparrows" is the jam. Trust me.

This EP is a beast. Buy it here and support these guys. Seriously. Don't be a dick.

No comments: