Saturday, September 6, 2008

Fancy Friday

Mark Lanegan is the Tupac of my music collection. I have no idea how the guy manages to record as many records as he does and still manage to eat breakfast. Unfortunately for Mark, he's probably a lot closer to death than Tupac is. Just recently he's completed three amazing tracks for the Import-only Creature With The Atom Brains' "I Am The Golden Gate Bridge", a cover of "The Man In The Long Black Coat" by Bob Dylan and a second full-length LP with Isobel Campbell, "Sunday at Devil Dirt" (also import-only at this time). The latter will be a Fancy feature at some point.

Sub Pop released "Adorata", a fantastic mini-album/EP from The Gutter Twins this past Tuesday. To my lack of surprise, it is amazing. I actually think it's better than their full-length debut, "Saturnalia", which was great but definitely lacked just a bit. Hey, I have high standards for the frontmen of The Afghan Whigs, Twilight Singers, Screaming Trees, and countless solo projects and guest spots.

Enjoy the fanciness: "St. James Infirmary" Live, 2008 

No comments: