Sunday, September 7, 2008

I Don't Remember

I love this song so much. Peter Gabriel is a genius and I mean that in the literal musician sense, where they teeter on the fine line between pure incomprehensible intelligence and definite insanity. "I Don't Remember" is one of those gems from his early solo work that was never a huge hit, even though it has one of his greatest hooks and perfectly direct lyrics. The monkey-like screams at the beginning of the track might have taken away some radio-friendly vibes as well, but my logic goes flying out the window due to Genisis' "Mama" having Phil Collins laugh like a derranged idiot AS that songs' chorus. I still love it, don't get me wrong.

So, please enjoy this clip on this fine Saturday evening/Sunday morning and bask in the glow of the man who named hisr first four albums Peter Gabriel. Brilliant. Fucking brilliant.

"I Don't Remember" live, Italy 2007 w/Tony Levin!:

No comments: