Friday, August 8, 2008

Blog of Prey

So, um...I just got my copy of the sparkling new Zozobra album "Bird of Prey" and, um, I'm blown away. I mean, I expected it to be crushing, expansive, heavy and all that stuff, but I just wasn't prepaired for what Mr. Caleb Scofield (Cave In/Old Man Gloom) and Aaron Turner (Isis) had in store for my ears (and eyes...simply stunning packaging and embossing...Aaron Tuner has done it again). You know it's some good shit when one of the heaviest things you hear all year is packaged in a pretty purple sleeve. That's what I'm talkin' about right there!

A bit less of the electronic and shoegazer moments on this one. A lot of sheer brutality and hard-driving bass lines, put WAY up front in the mix...The way more records should be. And they did this (production and all) in a shitty little practice room somewhere in LA. Gotta love that.

WHEN you buy this, please listen to "In Jet Streams". Consider your face torn off at that point.

Cave In "Juggarnaut" Live 2004:

No comments: