Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Alaskan Testicular Tuesday!

Anyone that knows me knows that I have a borderline-obsessive love for all things from Alaska, including beardrock, moose and 36 Crazyfists. The latter is one of the only bands that I can think of that I never tire of, ever (consisting only of bands that started post 1990's...and not including the band as they were before moving to Portland and signing with Roadrunner). Four amazing records. Four grizzly, nice dudes. Songs that make me feel like the Maxell guy whilist listening. "A Snow Capped Romance" is probably my favorite LP by them (today), but I'm choosing to show love to their new opus, "The Tide and It's Takers", a beastly motherfucker of an album. As it currently stands, my #1 Album of the Year candidate at this point (tied with Cult of Luna's "Eternal Kingdom". Yes, this will be a tough one people...).

Kudos to Ferret for rescuing these guys and making them the focus of their label. All it takes is proper promotion and full US tours and this band will be a fixture. They've already dominated the UK and all of mainland Europe...It's time the US gets it head out of its ass and recognizes 36 Crazyfists!

Buy this record and all their others. Grow a beard and let the good times roll!

"We Gave It Hell":

No comments: