Friday, September 26, 2008

Fancy Friday

Time to get fancy! This weeks' feature is one of my favorite artists of all time, Matthew Good. Yes, I know he's Canadian but we wont hold that against him. The guy is amazing. I hear the sheep reference a lot (mostly from my wife) but dude is awesome and always has something incredibly relevant to say. He finally toured the US for the first time in nearly a decade, earlier this year. Bought my ticket, was all set to go...and got the flu. I thought I was going to die and missed the show. I also missed Clutch that same week. The flu is a cold bitch.

Anyway, I could go on for years about how important Matt Good is to how I craft songs and think about many issues that plague our society. He never comes with complaints...Just points out what's fucked and gives solutions and brilliant social commentary.

Here are a few of my favorites, acoustically. How else does one get fancy?

"Empty Road":
"Avalanche":
"Long Way Down" at home...

No comments: